What should i do if i just got a DUI?

Kent, WA |

got pull over 2 days ago n got a DUI it is my first one , never got a ticket since i got lisence at 18, im 24 now what to expect do i have to get a lawyer ?

Every DUI case is different and you don't provide enough details so that a comprehensive answer can be given to your question.

I think you would be at a significant disadvantage if you are not a lawyer and represented yourself in a DUI case. If you decide to hire an attorney, I would suggest you do so immediately since in some cases there is evidence (such as videos) that is not retained for very long. The profiles and ratings of attorneys by AVVO is a good resource to find lawyers--many of whom will provide a free initial consultation.

I think you also strongly consider requesting an administrative hearing from the Department of Licensing (DOL) to contest a license revocation as a result of your DUI charge.

thanks, i cant afford a lawyer n im still shock i cant believe i got one. Im looking for free consultation hoping to find someone with a reasonable fee n answer to my questions

there was construction there n i had an accident with a tree thats why the police came n arrest me n give me the dui. hope to get an answer

Get a lawyer and if you cant afford one apply for a court appointed one. Do not post details or anything that could be considered an admission of guilt. Dont even talk to family or friends about ti until speaking with counsel. For God's sake dont post things about it on facebook or any social media site as well. You need a lawyer now

This information provided is in the nature of general information and in no way creates an attorney client relationship with anyone including the individual who posted the question. Attorney Norris is licensed only in Connecticut and does not provide legal advice outside of the State of Connecticut. Answers given are solely not to be considered legal advice. For legal advice contact an attorney licensed in your state.

i cant afford one , im looking for free consultation n see there flat fee so i can have an idea if im going to be able to afford it. thanks for ur advice i dont have any other acount with any social well i just made this one hoping to find answers

Christopher P Norris

Christopher P Norris

You should be able to apply for a public defender, go to court and look into it before your court date if possible. good luck

thanks

Christopher P Norris

Christopher P Norris

your welcome

You should definitely consult with a DUI lawyer. Any lawywer will take your case just planning to eventually tell you to plead guilty. Get a lawyer who takes DUI's to trial and wins. Even if your case isn't good for trial, that expereience will help your lawyer get the best possible result for you.

Any comments offered are not intended as legal advice. This attorney does not know the specifics of the particular case sufficiently to offer legal advice. You should hire a lawyer who can evaluate the details of your specific situation before offering advice.

thanks

You should absolutely get an experienced criminal defense lawyer, and sooner rather than later. A good DUI attorney will work with you to set you up for the best position possible to resolve the case in the manner YOU want to, not just in what's easiest for the attorney. Make sure to only speak to them about the case, never the police of prosecution. DUIs are a pain but a good lawyer will make the process much smoother. Good luck!

If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes.