Skip to main content

What should i do about a letter to pay for a parking ticket i never received

Oberlin, KS |

I received a letter in the mail stating that i have to pay for a parking ticket that i never received i had called them and told me that if i do not agree then i need to send it in writting so i told them that i was not paying for a parking ticket that i never received and when i got back to the meter it still had time on it and that i had 2 other people with me and no i did not have anything on my car when i got back to it.

i never recieved a ticket just a letter stating that i owe money for a ticket that i never recevied they are in colorado and im in ks. Im not due for court but they put it on my credit report and is demanding that I pay them any suggestions

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Simply write the court clerk on the ticket and demand to get assigned a trial date so you may present your defense to the parking ticket to the judge.


First, let me state that I am a Traffic Ticket Attorney in Texas and make no claims to know the laws in your state. I will answer your question, as if your case arose in Texas, but I strongly encourage you to ask an attorney in the jurisdiction were the case is pending.

It sound like you want to plea not guilty and have a trial. I would just ask you to reflect on a few questions:

1. Have you read the actual statute that you are being charged with violating?
2. If yes, do you have a clear understanding of what the prosecutor will be required to prove to win his/her case?
3. Are you aware of any legal defenses to your case?
4. Have you thought about what witnesses to call on your behalf?
5. Have you thought about the relevant questions you will ask them, that will aid your defense?
6. Have you thought about the witnesses the State will call against you?
7. And if so, is it better for you to question them or just pass the witness and ask nothing?

There are many many more questions you need to think about. I would strongly encourge you to be honest with yourself. ARE YOU QUALIFIED TO REPRESENT YOURSELF?

Most people are not. It is the rare non-attorney that can. Frankly, most good lawyers cannot even represent themselves well.

My best advise if you want to go to trial: hire an attorney that practices in the court your case will be heard and that works primarily with traffic tickets.

If you have found my answer helpful, please give me a thumbs up.

I would never advise you to just pay it as it may harm your driving record or cost you more money than may be necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer