Skip to main content

What should I do? I need help

Richmond, CA |

Me & my friend were impacted from the front from a truck, my friend was driving but dmv sent me a paper saying their gonna suspend my license because I didn't file a sr1...
But I was just a passenger..
What can/should I do to prevent my license from getting supended?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

The drivers of the vehicles involved are the ones required to file the SR1, so if you wish you can get on the phone to DMV and set them straight. Alternatively you can just file the report and make clear you were NOT the driver. If you have auto insurance, your insurance company should be notified of this error by the DMV, and they might be able to help you.



Thank you I'm going to try this


I do not practice in California, but I do believe that any time there is an injury you are required to fill out an SR1 and send to the DMV. I've provided a link to the form below.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


File it. It probably makes sense to first consult with a local personal injury attorney ASAP if you have been injured


Attorney Fiol laid it out well



Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer