What's the meaning of "Class (If Applicable)" on the Case Receipt Notice letter from USCIS? I feel confused!

Jersey City, NJ |

I filed an application to USCIS to change my status from H4 to F1, and got receipt letter shows that "the case I submitted has been received by USCIS for the following applicants and is in process:", belowing that are some personal info such as name, birthday, etc. But there is one column called "Class (If Applicable)" shows H4, I don't know whether it's right or not. Should it be my current status(H4) or the status(F1) that I suppose to change to? Because if something wrong with the letter I have to contact USCIS immediately. Then I called to USCIS service twice and got different answers. One said for this situation I need to mail to the center to correct it to F1, another one said what the letter shows is right, it should be my current status. Is there anybody know what's right answer?

Best Answer

It shows your current class.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Your class at the moment is H-4 but you are changing status to F-1.

Yes, but the thing is which one should appear on the "class(if applicable)" item of case receipt letter. My class at the moment? Or the status I am applying to change to? Thanks for your answer!

You status will NOT be F1 until that application is approved. How much time have gone by?

Thanks, its about a week. I filed with ELIS, it's pretty efficient.