What's the age of consent in the state of Massachusetts for gay men?

Boston, MA |

I've been searching and searching online but I can't find any concrete answers. Are sexual acts between a 17 year old and a guy in his 20s out of the question?

Okay, so the consensus is that the age of consent is in fact 16. What should be done to keep all of the bases covered? Is it necessary to ask a lawyer in person even if I got answers from lawyers on here? Most places online say 16 but the word "chaste" confuses me, is this just an old term or does it still apply? Thanks.

Best Answer

In MA, stautory rape is with a person under 16 years of age. So an adult and a 17 year old is not illegal based on age.

The age of consent is gender neutral.

The age cutoff for statutory rape in MA is 16 years old. That is, if the other party is under 16 years of age, then it is a crime to have sexual intercourse with the other party even if he/she consents to it. In your case, assuming that the acts are consensual, there should be problem with acts between a 17 year old and a 20 year old.