What's going to happen to my gf for using my lisence when getting pulled over

Owensboro, KY |

I keep all my important documents in my girlfriends wallet. She got pulled over for dui. She was drunk and handed them my I.d and got put in jail. They thought she was me. Now months later she got put in same jail under her name for public intoxication but now they no she used my I.d.

It sounds like she needs a lawyer for all three cases at this point. What the likely outcome will be is dependant on what her record is like and how they view her behavoir. Good luck, hope that's helpful

She needs to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to defend her on both cases. www.kacdl.net

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

§ 525.100. Public intoxication (1) A person is guilty of public intoxication when he appears in a public place manifestly under the influence of a controlled substance, or other intoxicating substance, excluding alcohol (unless the alcohol is present in combination with any of the above), not therapeutically administered, to the degree that he may endanger himself or other persons or property, or unreasonably annoy persons in his vicinity. (2) Public intoxication is a Class B misdemeanor. Cite as KRS 525.100

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Kentucky Revised Statutes Title 16. MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 189A. DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE Current through 2014 Ky. Acts ch. 123 § 189A.010. Operating motor vehicle with alcohol concentration of or above 0.08, or of or above 0.02 for persons under age twenty-one, or while under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or other substance which impairs driving ability prohibited - Admissibility of alcohol concentration test results - Presumptions - Penalties - Aggravating circumstances (1) A person shall not operate or be in physical control of a motor vehicle anywhere in this state: (a) Having an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more as measured by a scientifically reliable test or tests of a sample of the person's breath or blood taken within two (2) hours of cessation of operation or physical control of a motor vehicle; (b) While under the influence of alcohol; (c) While under the influence of any other substance or combination of substances which impairs one's driving ability; (d) While the presence of a controlled substance listed in subsection (12) of this section is detected in the blood, as measured by a scientifically reliable test, or tests, taken within two (2) hours of cessation of operation or physical control of a motor vehicle; (e) While under the combined influence of alcohol and any other substance which impairs one's driving ability; or (f) Having an alcohol concentration of 0.02 or more as measured by a scientifically reliable test or tests of a sample of the person's breath or blood taken within two (2) hours of cessation of operation or physical control of a motor vehicle, if the person is under the age of twenty-one (21).

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

(2) With the exception of the results of the tests administered pursuant to KRS 189A.103(7) , if the sample of the person's blood or breath that is used to determine the alcohol concentration thereof was obtained more than two (2) hours after cessation of operation or physical control of a motor vehicle, the results of the test or tests shall be inadmissible as evidence in a prosecution under subsection (1)(a) or (f) of this section. The results of the test or tests, however, may be admissible in a prosecution under subsection (1)(b) or (e) of this section. (3) In any prosecution for a violation of subsection (1)(b) or (e) of this section in which the defendant is charged with having operated or been in physical control of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, the alcohol concentration in the defendant's blood as determined at the time of making analysis of his blood or breath shall give rise to the following presumptions: (a) If there was an alcohol concentration of less than 0.05 based upon the definition of alcohol concentration in KRS 189A.005 , it shall be presumed that the defendant was not under the influence of alcohol; and (b) If there was an alcohol concentration of 0.05 or greater but less than 0.08 based upon the definition of alcohol concentration in KRS 189A.005 , that fact shall not constitute a presumption that the defendant either was or was not under the influence of alcohol, but that fact may be considered, together with other competent evidence, in determining the guilt or innocence of the defendant. The provisions of this subsection shall not be construed as limiting the introduction of any other competent evidence bearing upon the questions of whether the defendant was under the influence of alcohol or other substances, in any prosecution for a violation of subsection (1)(b) or (e) of this section.

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

4) (a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, the fact that any person charged with violation of subsection (1) of this section is legally entitled to use any substance, including alcohol, shall not constitute a defense against any charge of violation of subsection (1) of this section. (b) A laboratory test or tests for a controlled substance shall be inadmissible as evidence in a prosecution under subsection (1)(d) of this section upon a finding by the court that the defendant consumed the substance under a valid prescription from a practitioner, as defined in KRS 218A.010 , acting in the course of his or her professional practice. (5) Any person who violates the provisions of paragraph (a), (b), (c), (d), or (e) of subsection (1) of this section shall: (a) For the first offense within a five (5) year period, be fined not less than two hundred dollars ($200) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500), or be imprisoned in the county jail for not less than forty-eight (48) hours nor more than thirty (30) days, or both. Following sentencing, the defendant may apply to the judge for permission to enter a community labor program for not less than forty-eight (48) hours nor more than thirty (30) days in lieu of fine or imprisonment, or both. If any of the aggravating circumstances listed in subsection (11) of this section are present while the person was operating or in physical control of a motor vehicle, the mandatory minimum term of imprisonment shall be four (4) days, which term shall not be suspended, probated, conditionally discharged, or subject to any other form of early release; (b) For the second offense within a five (5) year period, be fined not less than three hundred fifty dollars ($350) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500) and shall be imprisoned in the county jail for not less than seven (7) days nor more than six (6) months and, in addition to fine and imprisonment, may be sentenced to community labor for not less than ten (10) days nor more than six (6) months. If any of the aggravating circumstances listed in subsection (11) of this section are present, the mandatory minimum term of imprisonment shall be fourteen (14) days, which term shall not be suspended, probated, conditionally discharged, or subject to any other form of early release; (c) For a third offense within a five (5) year period, be fined not less than five hundred dollars ($500) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) and shall be imprisoned in the county jail for not less than thirty (30) days nor more than twelve (12) months and may, in addition to fine and imprisonment, be sentenced to community labor for not less than ten (10) days nor more than twelve (12) months. If any of the aggravating circumstances listed in subsection (11) of this section are present, the mandatory minimum term of imprisonment shall be sixty (60) days, which term shall not be suspended, probated, conditionally discharged, or subject to any other form of early release; (d) For a fourth or subsequent offense within a five (5) year period, be guilty of a Class D felony. If any of the aggravating circumstances listed in subsection (11) of this section are present, the mandatory minimum term of imprisonment shall be two hundred forty (240) days, which term shall not be suspended, probated, conditionally discharged, or subject to any other form of release; and

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

(e) For purposes of this subsection, prior offenses shall include all convictions in this state, and any other state or jurisdiction, for operating or being in control of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or other substances that impair one's driving ability, or any combination of alcohol and such substances, or while having an unlawful alcohol concentration, or driving while intoxicated, but shall not include convictions for violating subsection (1)(f) of this section. A court shall receive as proof of a prior conviction a copy of that conviction, certified by the court ordering the conviction. (6) Any person who violates the provisions of subsection (1)(f) of this section shall have his driving privilege or operator's license suspended by the court for a period of no less than thirty (30) days but no longer than six (6) months, and the person shall be fined no less than one hundred dollars ($100) and no more than five hundred dollars ($500), or sentenced to twenty (20) hours of community service in lieu of a fine. A person subject to the penalties of this subsection shall not be subject to the penalties established in subsection (5) of this section or any other penalty established pursuant to KRS Chapter 189A, except those established in KRS 189A.040(1) . (7) If the person is under the age of twenty-one (21) and there was an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or greater based on the definition of alcohol concentration in KRS 189A.005 , the person shall be subject to the penalties established pursuant to subsection (5) of this section. (8) For a second or third offense within a five (5) year period, the minimum sentence of imprisonment or community labor shall not be suspended, probated, or subject to conditional discharge or other form of early release. For a fourth or subsequent offense under this section, the minimum term of imprisonment shall be one hundred twenty (120) days, and this term shall not be suspended, probated, or subject to conditional discharge or other form of early release. For a second or subsequent offense, at least forty-eight (48) hours of the mandatory sentence shall be served consecutively. (9) When sentencing persons under subsection (5)(a) of this section, at least one (1) of the penalties shall be assessed and that penalty shall not be suspended, probated, or subject to conditional discharge or other form of early release. (10) In determining the five (5) year period under this section, the period shall be measured from the dates on which the offenses occurred for which the judgments of conviction were entered.

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

(11) For purposes of this section, aggravating circumstances are any one (1) or more of the following: (a) Operating a motor vehicle in excess of thirty (30) miles per hour above the speed limit; (b) Operating a motor vehicle in the wrong direction on a limited access highway; (c) Operating a motor vehicle that causes an accident resulting in death or serious physical injury as defined in KRS 500.080 ; (d) Operating a motor vehicle while the alcohol concentration in the operator's blood or breath is 0.15 or more as measured by a test or tests of a sample of the operator's blood or breath taken within two (2) hours of cessation of operation of the motor vehicle; (e) Refusing to submit to any test or tests of one's blood, breath, or urine requested by an officer having reasonable grounds to believe the person was operating or in physical control of a motor vehicle in violation of subsection (1) of this section; and (f) Operating a motor vehicle that is transporting a passenger under the age of twelve (12) years old. (12) The substances applicable to a prosecution under subsection (1)(d) of this section are: (a) Any Schedule I controlled substance except marijuana; (b) Alprazolam; (c) Amphetamine; (d) Buprenorphine; (e) Butalbital; (f) Carisoprodol; (g) Cocaine; (h) Diazepam; (i) Hydrocodone; (j) Meprobamate; (k) Methadone; (l) Methamphetamine; (m) Oxycodone; (n) Promethazine; (o) Propoxyphene; and (p) Zolpidem. Cite as KRS 189A.010 History. Effective: July 15, 2010

I'm going to step out on a limb here and assume you're male and your GF is female - I can't imagine a DA that would charge a female is ID use when they were so drunk they didn't realize it was man's id.

- Got to say this.... I've read thousands upon thousands of DUI arrest reports, and this is a first for me.

I am licensed attorney who focuses on Serious DUI Cases such a 2nd DUIs, 3rd DUIs, 4th DUIs, and Felony DUIs and DMV hearings. I also have much experience handling car accident cases. Although the information I provide is helpful, it is not legal advice. If your case is in California or Washington, you can call me for specific legal advice on your case free of charge. Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers. Do NOT include any direct solicitations or contact information.

I agree with the above. She needs to hire a defense attorney immediately to work through what it appears will be a very convoluted process.

This information is general in nature and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. Nothing in the above answer is meant as legal advice that would create any type of attorney-client relationship.