Skip to main content

What rights do I have if someone opens a bank account in my name without my permission?

Tampa, FL |

My mom opened a bank account in my name and I want to close it. She has taken money from me and I want to withdraw everything in the account and close it. Do I have any rights in this situation?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Talk to the bank first. If you can show them her access to your account is fraudulent then they may be able to help you. This sounds like something your bank and you ought to be able to clear up without a lawyer, but if they can't resolve it for you then you should seek counsel.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer