Skip to main content

What rights do I have against Child Protection Service?

Wellsville, NY |

My daughter is dating a 21 year old and she is 16. They are getting married next month. Child Protection Services called us up to the police station and told us that he could not live with us. Nothing sexual has happened between them. Do they have a right to remove someone from the household without a court order?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


That depends upon the circumstances - but sometimes yes.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.


It is possible. What you do not mention is whether there is a history of CPS involvement. This matter may blow up into a greater issue and if you have other children they could be affected.n consult local counsel as to options.

The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer