Skip to main content

What recourse do i have in stopping him from putting out my images and personal information.

Brooklyn, NY |

someone i met via an app on my iphone has created a fake profile with my number and face pic because of an argument we had. he is now threatening to release more pics and info to other blogs with my information. i reported him the owners of the app but i want to pursue criminal charges now for any additional information he discloses about me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Impersonation of another person, especially in circumstances like you describe, could be a crime and be reported to the police. You could also contact a civil attorney who could both evaluate the basis for a lawsuit, restraining order, or to comment on criminal charges.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer