Skip to main content

What recourse do I have against them?

San Diego, CA |

I had an appointment for a follow up visit from hospital and refill for opiate mess and other medications with my primary physician who called in sick . Facility could not guarantee treatment since 7 walk - ins were before me . While I was in waiting room , I became real tired , asked to lie down , ignored by staff . Then I lied on the floor , paramedics came and I refused to go to the hospital . Told my husband for me to return after lunch . After , I waited 2 hrs . and later told they would not treat me because I refused to go to the hospital . Signed their release for refusal to go to the hospital . When I finally obtained my medical records they falsified records stating they treated me . It exacerbated my post traumatic disorder , raised my blood pressure to a dangerous level , opiate withdrawal

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Consult with a local medical malpractice attorney,


If you can prove that their care fell below the standard of care, you may have a claim for medical malpractice. It is likley however, that this will be a tough case. You need to show that the harm that you suffered was not transient or speculative. Consult with a medical malpractice attorney for an evaluation.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


I'm glad you weren't injured, so you would not need to get involved in a fruitless lawsuit.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755