What proof do i need to provide law enforcement that a bankruptcy lawyer allowed a person to file with premeditated fraud

North Hollywood, CA |

After watching tv shows and such we all know there out there. My loved one was a victim of fraud by a person who used bankruptcy to take out 100,000$ in auto loans and sold the car to my gf which the bank still owned. (Her bf did the selling under his name) She then said that she was told by her lawyer to not report the cars stolen and the bank wants the car my gf was sold by her bf. She claims all the responsibility on the bf and is playing victim card. I know shes in on this and so is the lawyer because of 60,000$ of the debt she owes is because of 2 cars she took loans out on. I am planning on speaking directly to the lawyer of the titled owner of cars. I know .001% of the law and the lawyer knows 110% ... I am a simple man trying to reverse a mistake my loved one made.

Facts* The bf committed grand theft and paperwork fraud.He used a contract to get money upfront and then claimed he would provide title later. I am handling that situation in a different question. lawyer told her to tell the bank that its in the bf's possession. Why the heck wouldnt you report the vehicle stolen and allow the guy to run around working. The same guy who took all this money out and the same guy who sold my gf a truck a bank owns under his name when it was titled under a women. Lawyer knew this and told her to keep quiet so she doesn't screw up her bankruptcy case. There for What else should i do from here because id love to take down the crooked lawyer , titled truck owner and the bf.

You story does not make complete sense. What you can do is, frankly, stay out of the way and not waste your time and the time of others because you want to "take down" someone or be a hero like those TV shows you mention. From your post, it is not your issue. What your friend needs to do is see another lawyer who can review the details of what really happened, and review all the relevant paperwork. If she signed false schedules or other documents in her case, she might be the one in trouble (and people who do that often try to point the finger at their lawyer).

my story doesn't make sense because i dont have 1024 words to describe the whole situation. This isn't my friend its my girlfriend. Shes not in trouble if you took the time to read what I said albeit some what scattered.... i tried to explain the whole situation in detail within the allowed description. I read through it a few times and edited it before posting. Frankly I appreciate your response and opinion on the matter. I wish I could be more clear on which part you do not understand. What part do you not understand? My girlfriend is a real estate agent. She had the paperwork signed in front of a notary. This person promised to give her title in 2-3 days.

Scott Benjamin Riddle

Scott Benjamin Riddle

I am not trying to sound harsh, but it really is not something to resolve on a forum like this. SHE needs to see a lawyer if she wants to pursue anything, primarily because it could be her getting in trouble for it. In addition, the current boyfriend making complaints about the old boyfriend (if I read correctly) won't likely be taken too seriously. Anyone you complain to will have the same response - your girlfriend is the one who needs to handle it directly.

No current/previous boyfriend issue here. this is not some high school drama. This is the forum to ask LEGAL questions regarding criminal/bankruptcy/fraud related issues. You are not reading this correctly. We where scammed by some random people we have never met. The person who vouched for them was a coworker. This coworker real estate agent who had been doing owner financing through the person who scammed us. He found out along with us that the vehicle he was paying for is a lease/owned by bank/not owned by the person he was making the payment too. I agree this is my girlfriend's matter. I am all she has. She has no family so we are not some young couple who I think your painting us out to be. I will gladly go to the correct forum to ask for advice. Would you please recommend where my questions would be best answered? Thank you

Also the police station ran the vin said it wasn't stolen and the person who sold car as the legal owner (which just so we are clear is NOT the legal owner) had no criminal backround. They told my girlfriend that she had nothing to worry about. So explaining to me that the police or a lawyer would be my best bet is vague and at this point we would just have the car returned to the bank and hope for a good deal on a new car. After all we recovered 2 2012 toyota tacomas for them worth 50,000$. We would deserve a nice apr on a 2013 toyota for being good people. http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/my-girlfriend-real-estate-agent-naive-fell-victim--1150140.html this is a link to the whole story ... i guess i should of combined the two into a single story.

Diane L Gruber

Diane L Gruber

Bankruptcy fraud is taken very seriously by the BK Court. Perhaps your girlfriend might want to meet with a BK attorney, take all the information she has AND the defrauder's BK documents. An experienced BK attorney will know if BK fraud has been committed and point you to the US Trustees' Office in your district. Good luck.

I've read through the thread of comments following this post, and I am concerned about your gf potentially losing her DRE Salesperson license as a consequence of this situation. I strongly urge that she seek a confidential attorney consultation with a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney with wide experience in fraud cases, AND also a confidential consultation with an experienced professional licensing attorney who can advise her of the options and best course for protecting her State occupational license.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

You need to show some respect for the law enforcement officials you claim to respect and simply provide them with the facts that you personally know about, not the information you obtained second hand. Let the professionals solve the crime, or visit the CSI Experience here in Vegas to solve the fictional crimes you see on tv. Hope this perspective helps!

Ill have to check that out.

Amateur lawyering and learning your rules from law shows on television is a recipe for disaster. Even your modesty does not mean that the facts can be poroven. There is a great deal of risk in the facts you post, and your friend needs a competent, private lawyer. Notifying the bankruptcy or a police authority would almost certainly have terrible consequences, not for the boyfriend but your girlfriend.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

can you expand on why notifying the police or bk is a bad idea? My girlfriend had the bill of sale fingerprinted and signed while filled out in front of notary. Also copy of drivers license.

Having read all the comments and posts, here's my opinion FWIW. 1) Unless you were a direct victim (your car, your money, etc.). you don't have what is called "standing" to try and solve this. It's not personal, it's just the way the law works. Your girlfriend is the one who has something to lose her and she needs to talk to an experienced bankruptcy lawyer (who is not the person who told her not to say anything) quickly. 2) This forum can only give the most basic information. There may be important details that a lawyer here doesn't know and could make a difference in how the case is handles. Also, answering a question in this forum does not create an attorney-client relationship so things like confidentiality, etc. don't apply. I don't believe anyone here is intentionally trying to disrespect you - but legally, the only person who can deal with this mess is your girlfriend. I commend you for supporting her during this difficult time, but she's the one who needs to find an attorney to help her out.

The answers to these questions may be different depending on your individual circumstance and should not be considered as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

some of it was my money

Susanne Ruiz Rodriguez

Susanne Ruiz Rodriguez

If you were directly damaged by the behavior of someone else, then you need to get your own attorney. If you have concrete evidence (how much, who it was given to, etc.), then you can make a police report. However, do not be surprised if the police and/or prosecutor tell you it's a civil matter. In which case you will need an attorney to sue the person who took your money,

agreed there just gunna be like "great more paperwork" Untill i tell em about how the car is stolen and the guy identy theft gta stuff

It is my understanding that some Real Estate Agent (REA) conspired with her boyfriend (BF) to acquire some cars with auto loans and then sell those cars to unsuspecting people (GF) without telling GF about the lien on the car. Further, REA filed BK to discharge the auto loan debts.
That BK fraud would be investigated by the Office of the US Trustee and that's where you should report your suspicions (preferably with facts to back them up). It's probably too late now, but you should have filed an Adversary Proceeding in REA's BK objecting to her being discharged of her liability to GF for the civil fraud that was perpetrated there.
On a more personal note, when laying out factual scenarios for others to comment on, try to avoid using pronouns without making it clear to whom those pronouns refer.

I am the bf of the girl who just got a job at as a LOAN locker. Some REA that has an office space there told her about a deal then the person who sold her the car with a notorized bill of sale was not the actual owner. The actual owner is the person who filed for bankruptcy. I found out that she had mentioned the guy who sold us the car is the person in possession of the vehicles when she explained to the bank why she didn't have them. The bank never filed a stolen car and car fax doesn't provide you with who the legal owner of the vehicle was . So my gf actually trusted her coworker * who is very openly facilitating this sale in the presence of many loan officers/rea. This rea who we will refer to a z find out along with us that he has been paying/driving a vehicle that was owned by the same person who we will refer to as A THAT filed for bankruptcy on the vehicle sold to my girlfriend by the boyfriend of A. A is the lady who commited fraud z is the guy who middleman the whole deal and then theres the guy who was boyfriend of A and wrote on paper he owned vehicle sold to my gf.