Skip to main content

What paperwork do you need to remove interlock from your car?

Dallas, TX |

I have the Smart Start interlock on my car. What paperwork do I need to have it removed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You must have an Order from the Court telling Smart Start to remove it.


An order of removal from the court that ordered the device to be put on your car is required.


I agree with both of the previous attorney's answers.

However, you must first petition the Court to have the ignition interlock device removed.

Attached to that petition is an order that the judge signs either granting or denying your request to have it removed.

If the request is granted, you can then take a certified copy of the order the judge signed to Smart Start and they will remove the device from your vehicle.


Erick Platten

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer