Skip to main content

What paperwork do I need to attach to form i130 in order to send it ?

Dallas, TX |

Im petitioning for my wife. When I read the instruccions on i130 it asks to send alot of paperwork. .proof of marriage(translated), proof of citizenship, passport style photos, affidavits, I need to send all that attached to my application, or just the application itself for now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to send all of the Required I-130 materials together with the petition.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Read again in the instructions to Form I-130 the list of documents needed to be sent in the particular category you are petitioning for. All of them need to accompany your I-130 at the time you file it.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


In the part of the instructions applicable to those petitioning for their spouses, items A -D describe documents that are required. Item E describes evidence you can submit to USCIS to show that your marriage is genuine. The more compelling evidence you can provide, the stronger your application will be.