Skip to main content

What motions, laws, or rules can I use to help me in trial?

Parsons, KS |

I am bein falsely accused of attempted murder. I have a pro-bono lawyer that is not putting any effort into helping me and I don't have any money to hire a lawyer. I am wondering if there are an motions, laws, or rules I can use to help me win my trial. I will do the research on anything you can give me the name of. Thank you so much for your help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You may do a lot of things if you are a trained and licensed legal practitioner. But realize that an attempted murder trial is not a game of poker for 20 bucks, your future and freedom are on the line.
Also, I do not know one singular person who would represent himself/herself pro se in a criminal case of attempted murder. I have not known or heard of such case like that. But again, one cannot know everything.
Now, what may be done. "I have a pro-bono lawyer that is not putting any effort into helping me and I don't have any money to hire a lawyer." If you feel that your appointed counsel does not represent your interests properly, you may request the court to appoint another Public Defender, provided you cite legitimate grounds for such request, i.e. breakdown in communication, failure to inform, etc.
Other than that, with such a grave criminal pending charge one definitely must have a good legal representation, either appointed or retained.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


I tend to agree completely with Attorney Ivakhnenko. To quote Abraham Lincoln "He who represents himself has a fool for a client". If you feel your public defender isn't representing you adequately, then you can request the court appoint different counsel. I would recommend doing this as quickly as possible.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer