Skip to main content

What legal action can I take for my mother's Payee Representative fraud?

Marshfield, WI |

My mother was behind in rent for about 2 months at her prior apartment and threatened her to sign a payee representative agreement through the Social Security Office & Cornor Stone to help my mother with the bills, because they accused me & my husband were stealing her money from her and that's why they gave her a payee representative. She has a payee rep for close to a year and has not followed the payee rep rules according to Social Security Office. We have filed numerous complaints and have asked Social Security Office in Wis Rapids, Wi to get the Payee Rep off her account because she is embezzling my mother's money and spending and not paying bills or giving my mother money for personals. The payee rep is getting other people involved such as her present landlord, work & neighbors.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You have done the right thing by notifying your mother's local office, but if you have evidence that theft is occurring, I urge you to contact local law enforcement and confer with them as to any recourse. You may also want to confer with an attorney regarding having a guardian appointed for your mother. As this is not my area of practice, you can get a referral through the State Bar of Wisconsin at 800-362-9082. I welcome other attorneys to comment on this well in the event they have other recommendations. Thank you.