Skip to main content

What legal action can be taking against change of address scam fraud~

Salisbury, MD |

I just recently moved into my new home on Dec. 25 2012 which I currently resign. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I was not receiving any mail at all. I asked, my mail lady how come I have not been receiving any mail and she says, someone has put in a change of address form in from my adddress with my name on it to a different adress. Please help me with advice of legal action I can take thank you for your time.

+ Read More

Filed under: Fraud
Attorney answers 2


Start by contacting your local postmaster to request a copy of the address change order and instructions on how to revoke it. Then, with the information regarding the address to which your mail was diverted, contact law enforcement.

Best wishes for a favorable outcome, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.



I went to the post office and asked for a copy and they told me I could not get that but they did give me the address to where my mail was forwarded to.


The best police authority for your problem is the US Postal authority itself.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.



Today I went to the ploice station and them what's going on and they told me that they was gonna take it as a case report and they pass it on to a detective. And I also, went doen to the IRS. My refund check and other impotant documents have not been received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer