What kind of pain and suffering settlement can I expect from Geico after being rear ended while stopped on a busy street.

Berkeley, CA |

Teenagers on their way to graduation rear-ended our stopped vehicle. Geico paid for the car damage, but I am being treated for neck and shoulder pain; probably 8-10 treatments.

there is no way anyone can give you a reasonable range for settlement or trial value without following your course of treatment finding out how extensive your injuries are what your medical expenses will be whether you will miss time for work plus many other factors.... the gecko like all insurance companies collect money but adjust claims. you need a lawyer to assist you.hire one that is experienced and has tried cases

without a detailed review by a lawyer can all the issues raised in your question be appropriately addressed...nothing in this response should be construed as establishing a lawyer client relationship..the answers herein are for informational purposes and not to be construed as advice

With Geico do not expect much. They are stingy. I would get a lawyer to deal with them.

If you are a potential client, the information you disclose to us by email will be kept in strict confidence and will be protected to the full extent of the law. Please be advised, however, that the Law Offices of Frank M. Nunes, Inc. and its lawyers do not represent you until you have signed a retainer agreement with the firm. Until that time, you are responsible for any statutes of limitations or other deadlines for your case or potential case.

Jeff (above) is right on the money! Adjusters exist to cut claims and settle fast and cheap. Your best play by far is to retain counsel, explore full treament for your injuries all the way down the American Medical Association's algorythm, and bide your time until you fully understand the value of your bodily-injury claim. Like Elvis said: "Only fools rush in."

Answering your question does not make me your lawyer. No attorney-client relationship is created until we enter into a written agreement signed by both you and I.

Not much-- likely about 2X your paid medical bills, assuming you do not need further treatment or surgery. Despite what every lawyer always says on Avvo, you can do this in small claims and not have to pay a lawyers fee. In fact, most PI claims filed in small claims settle before the hearing.

Gordon Ralph Levinson

Gordon Ralph Levinson

My only concern with Small Claims Court here would be the bar to a recovery greater than $7,500, and the questioner doesn't know the extent of the damages yet.

Max Draitser

Max Draitser

True, but assuming full recovery after 10 PT treatments this is a perfect case for small claims.

It is hard to tell. Oftentimes insurance companies will force you to file.

I handle these cases on a regular basis.

My offices are in San Francisco. What are your total medical damages? Call me for a free consultation if you wish.

Kevin sullivan
415-441-1052/650-949-2260

If you hire a local personal injury trial lawyer you'll fare better.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Recommended articles about Personal injury