What kind of letters we need from our friends to prove that we have a bona fide marraigae ? green card through marriage

Las Vegas, NV |

I have an interview for AOS in a few days and i am really nervous, i get a few hours sleep a day only..I am a hard of hearing and i hope that doesn't cause any problem over there ..what kind of letters we need from our friends to prove that our marriage is real ?

Best Answer

At this point, letters aren't as important as joint bank, rental agreement, joint credit card, joint insurance and other documents.

In the eyes of the government .. 'real' married people 'merge' their money and bills.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Thank you! what you mean by : at this point? is it too late to ask my friend to write a letter for us ?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

What I mean is that, by this time you should have been married for 3-6 months. They are more interested in seeing 3-6 months worth of joint bills, rent receipts, insurance papers, bank statements, etc. Anyone can get letters from friends .... I've heard many immigration people tell me that the letters from friends aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Good to know,I appreciate it .

Get a few notarized letters giving details of how your friends know you, some specific things you've done together, and any other interesting details about the relationship like how long you've known each other etc. Then say something like "I believe Jack and Suzy to be a married couple." I'm just giving you the quick version, you can hire a lawyer to do it for you.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | john1davidson@gmail.com | www.LawyerImmigrationLosAngeles.com | I can help you now.

Atty Capriotti has the right approach. The Las Vegas USCIS Office can be a tough place for an interview. You may want to bring a lawyer with you to assist.