Skip to main content

What kind of lawyer would I need to fight involuntary commitment or being found mentally incompetent?

Marion Junction, AL |

I don't get along with my mother and my brother and because I can't hold down a job they have both said that I could and should not ever live alone(I live with them right now). I do receive social security and can afford section eight housing. Now after a two fights they have threatened that if I don't "behave" that they will have me involuntarily committed in the future. They are also verbally and emotionally abusive and two years ago my brother assaulted me but was never arrested because he didn't leave any marks on me. I don't appreciate this treatment, to say the least. What are my rights and how do I fight them?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I am sorry you are going through this , you could use a probate attny or a family law attny.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.