Skip to main content

What kind of lawyer is needed for dispute on mortgage payments?

Southern Pines, NC |

Lender keeps saying Im 3 months behind this year on my mortgage. I have all my bank statements showing that all payments were made. Ive written letters to Washington, the lender, etc, with no response. The lender is practially harassing me. They call me several times a week and send atleast 3 forclosure letters a week. Ive sent the lender copies of my bank statements showing all my payments. Got a call today saying I will be forclosed on this month if 3 payments of $1672.00 is not made. I am so sick of this lender. How many times do i have to call/send proof? I want to take them for court

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You could try searching for a foreclosure defense attorney, a consumer rights attorney, or even a contracts attorney.

Another option for you might be to file a complaint with the government agency that governs your lender or even the Better Business Bureau. You could even go to a local consumer reporter int he paper or on local TV for help. Start with the complaint form on the NC Secretary of State website. If that is not the right agency to help you, they should let you know.

My response to this question does not create an attorney-client relationship and does not consitute legal advice. The information is provided as a courtesy only. This format of written question and answer is too informal and lacks sufficient detail. It is almost never possible to give quality legal advice without a full set of facts and the opporutnity to have a dialog where questions are asked and answered. Moveover, posters on the internet should be aware that confidentiality is not guaranteed online. I am licensed to practice law in WI and IN.



thank you! I took your advice and filed a BBB complaint. I also drove an hour to the local office to speak to someone face to face. Still in the process of getting it resolved, but atleast I got someone to listen!

Deborah Ann Stencel

Deborah Ann Stencel


Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer