Skip to main content

What kind of lawyer do I need to defend a civil harassment restraining order?

Laguna Beach, CA |

My ex-neighbor has filed for a restraining order against me and I have done nothing to harass or threaten her. What kind of lawyer would be best to help me defend against this action?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

A civil attorney; some people specifically do Civil Harassment. Otherwise, you need a civil litigator.

Good luck!

Please be aware that any comments that I have made are preliminary and tentative and not based upon a thorough analysis of your case. I would need additional information and to review the exact documentation to be sure of the above advice. The answer above does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not require me to answer any future questions.


Civil attorney or Family Law Attorney

This response will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sarieh Law Offices, and is not intended to serve as a legal advice in your specific circumstances. This response is a legal opinion based solely on facts represented and you should not rely on this legal opinion as a legal advice. You still need to consult an attorney directly to fully protect your legal rights.

Shannon E. Payne

Shannon E. Payne


I agree. Most Family Law attorneys are familiar with civil restraining orders.


You need a lawyer who handles restraining orders and has experience in handling these matters. The sooner you retain one, the better, so as to prepare for the hearing. These cases require much diligence and preparation, so do not wait until the hearing to find one.

Good luck.