Skip to main content

What kind of lawyer do I need? And should I do small claims?

Tracy, CA |

Had the car for a little more than a month and it broke down and now needs a new engine. I bought an extended warranty but it won't cover it because of wear and tear. I only drove the car for a month. So I was sold a warranty that I can't use. The car has now been in the shop for 8 months.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Was the car new? Was it bought from a licensed dealer? If yes and yes, consult a "lemon law" attorney. Cases under the Song-Beverly consumer protection act allow for triple damages and attorney's fees. Act quickly if the car has been in a shop for 8 months. Some of your rights may be in jeopardy.

This answer is made available by the above lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also offered as a public service to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This answer is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. And, no attorney-client relationship has been formed. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance. Only when a complete interview takes place is it reasonable to rely on legal advice.


Perhaps a Lemon Law attorney.


Call Arthur Obolsky. He his a top notch lemon law attorney.