Skip to main content

What kind of form should i use for my divorce?

Garland, TX |

Im getting divorced neither of us will have a lawyer and since we don't have any property it will be uncontested. The family court has two forms one with children and the other without children. We have a two year old but there's already a court order for child support and visitation. I don't want that to change so which form should i use?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You have to use the one with children. With rates for uncontested divorces being ridiculously low, there is no reason to do it yourself. I've seen signs for between $449 and $150 for an uncontested divorce plus the Court costs. That is crazy cheap. Better to get it done right.

This does not establish an attorney/client relationship

Bryan L. Walter

Bryan L. Walter


again, great answer.


Please, please consider using a lawyer. You can easily make an error which will cost you or your child.

If it is as simple as you say, it will not cost that much. If it is more complex, you will really need representation.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.


You need to use the form with children. The prior case will be consolidated into the new case, so there'll be only one case.

Please designate a best answer to your question, and mark as helpful any answer you find helpful. Help support the time spent by attorneys in this forum. Thank you. This is not legal advice and is provided for informational purposes only. NO attorney-client relationship or privilege is created, and none of this is confidential.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer