Skip to main content

What kind of case would this be considered, what rights do I have, and what type of lawyer do I need?

Prince Frederick, MD |

I was working at a nursing home in 2010 and was fired under false abuse allegations. Within 24 hours of the allegations, I was fired and sent to the board of nursing at which time they took my nursing assistant license from me. I am now having troubles pursuing my dream career of becoming a nurse. I fear that this may turn into a rather large complex case because I was not the only one who was falsely accused and fired within about a 2 week period. We (those accused and fired) are thinking that it was a complex scam to provide jobs to students who had been promised jobs after graduating from the in house program among other things. I just want to get some justice and be able to continue my life without this effecting my future goals as I am still very young and ambitious.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need an employment lawyer, not a nursing home lawyer. But for sure, legal help. Because if you are correct, this is a BIG case.


An attorney who practices LAbor Law or EMployment Law would be best. SOmetimes this overlaps with Employment Discrimination. These are the key search terms. Word of mouth or the Bar Association are a good way to find an attorney.
Best of Luck,
Bob Brenna Jr
Brenna Brenna and Boyce pllc
Rochester, New York 114614

Bob, Robert L. Brenna, Jr. No relationship is intended, agreed upon or accepted by answering this general question Brenna Brenna and Boyce PLLC Rochester, New York


The type of lawyer is called an "employment lawyer" can find one in your city on Avvo.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer