Skip to main content

What kind of attorney I need and how much money I need to pay from start to end?

Brookings, SD |

I am studying in US in F1 status. I am wondering if there is any way to switch to any other status with work permit (e.g. H1B). Please note, I don’t have the OPT. I would appreciate your free advice. Thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The H1B cap has been reached for this year already, unless you would fall under an exception. Therefore, you must consult with experienced immigration attorney about your options.

Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


Your employer would need an immigration attorney. The earliest that an H-1B can be filed is April 1, 2014. The earliest that you could be on H-1B is October 1, 2014.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


The only H-1B visas available are for workers of 'exempt' organizations.

Talk to your foreign student adviser ... s/he should be able to give you the names of some immigration attorneys that you can talk to for a reasonable fee ... many of us do consultations with Skype.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.