Skip to main content

What kind of attorney do i need to defend me against a civil suit.

Philadelphia, PA |

I'm being sued after a individual fell on my pavement. She is suing for $$ that exceed my policy limits. The attt. for my insurance co. advised me that I should retain an attorney in case the policy is exhausted and the awared is greater than the policy.

+ Read More

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes
Attorney answers 3


Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, you need a personal injury attorney that does defense work; one who is familiar with insurance law as well would be useful in case you have a dispute with your insurance company. You can find good counsel through the Philadelphia Bar Assocation Lawyer Referral Service. I'll provide link below. Good luck.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
One Belmont Avenue,
Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585


You should speak with a local personal injury attorney that does plaintiffs and defense work. You need someone that is going to review the case on your behalf and make sure that your insurance company is adequately representing you and most importantly, protecting you.
You will have to compensate the new attorney with your own funds most likely.

Good luck and do not hesitate finding counsel.


Search for a civil defense attorney that handles personal injury tort law.

This website contains general information about legal matters. The information provided by Jacob Regar is not legal advice, and should not be treated as such. The legal information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Jacob Regar makes no representations or warranties in relation to the legal information on this website. You must not rely on the information on this website (including Jacob Regar’s response to your question) as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider. No attorney-client relationship is created through the exchange of information on this website. If you have any specific questions about any legal matter you should consult your attorney or other professional legal services provider. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information on this website.