Skip to main content

What kind of attorney do i need if my business partner is in breach of fid. duties,fraud and theft?

Bradenton, FL |

i have a gravel pit up in new york, i now live in florida. my partner claims he has taken no gravel since 2006 but google earth and my eyes say different. i have recieved no money for gravel taken out of pit, since partnership has formed. what to do. i have a lawyer at the moment but has been ignoring me lately what do i do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should retain a business litigation attorney. First you need to get to the bottom of what he has been up to, via an attorney and maybe the threat of litigation. After that based on this info it sounds like you may have a good case against him. Feel free to contact our office - we actively practice in both Florida and New York.

This answer should not be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship, and is for informational purposes only.


I agree with Mr. Criscione - you need a business litigator.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


Collecting evidence could be very useful as you know your business. However, I concur with my colleagues. You need to to contact and hire another attorney.

This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.


I am not sure where jurisdiction would be given the facts you have provided, but I would contact Brendan McQuaid with Ferguson, Skipper in Sarasota. (941)957-1900.