Skip to main content

What Judicial transfer mean?

Milwaukee, WI |

i have a class c felony and i got a bench warrent cause i am out of the country now and now it shows in my case Judicial transfer , so what that mean
i am not american citizen i do have a green card
thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Judicial transfer refers to a decision to transfer a case to another court or another judge. I am not aware of your personal situation, but it could be due to the Milwaukee County Circuit Judges rotating in August of 2010 and as such your case has been reassigned to a new judge.

You should contact an attorney based on your situation.


I agree with the first answer. I would add you should consult local, experienced criminal defense attorneys regarding arranging a date to turn yourself in on the bench warrant. You are more likely to avoid a high cash bail/other penalties if you turn yourself in voluntarily.

Ideally, any attorney representing you should be conversant with immigration issues, as well. A Class C Felony conviction will almost certainly affect your green card.

If you cannot afford a private attorney, then you should contact the Milwakuee County Public Defender's Office to see if you qualify for their assistance. If you do, then they can assist you with turning yourself in. Further, many of the attorneys there are conversant in immigration issues.

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer