What is the youngest age a child can enter into the juvenile court system in Washington State?

Seattle, WA |

Its been brought to my attention that my 5 year old daughter is being touched inappropriately by her two half brothers ages 11 and 8/9. Furthermore, when I reported suspensions to CPS two days prior to my daughter telling me of the events they dismissed the report without an investigation to include a hospital visit and dr. report. I feel as though the system has failed me.

Call the police and file a report immediately.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Contact law enforcement now.

A child of any age can enter the juvenile court system, but the law presumes that a child under 12 does not have enough mental capacity to be guilty or a crime. The presumption can be overcome with evidence the child knew what he was doing and knew it was wrong.

RCW 9A.04.050 states that children under the age of 8 are incapable of committing a crime. Between 8 and under 12 they are presumed incapable but that presumption can be rebutted in a hearing.