I cancelled my husbands appointment being that we were given child custody of his 9 year old daughter (US Citizen) and in school and could not leave her with anyone since he has no family here where we live. I was told by an atty that chances were that my husband might have to wait out at least 6-8 months for the approval since he came in as a illegal immigrant. Furthermore, a Family Svcs. Atty told us that we could alslose custody of his daughter if he were away for 6 months (plus). Although he has been here 11 yrs and we had court papers for his daughter, we did not want to risk losing custody to the biological mom since she was found unfit in the first place and is why we had custody of her, so we cancelled his VISA interview appt. We are still waiting to hear from USCIS. What next?