What is the typical sentence in Georgia for first degree arson, along with elder abuse and aggravated assault?

Savannah, GA |

Long story short, a boy got in to a fight with an elderly man. His friend who started the fight got taken to jail after I pointed him out. The boy who was in the fight that did not go to jail returned to my place that night and set my car on fire (and bragged about it to his friends...who later gave witness statements to the fire chief) because I "sent" his friend to jail. They were both charged with elder abuse and aggravated assault and the kid who set my car on fire was formally indicted by a grand jury today for the first degree arson. As far as I know, he has no serious priors. I am just wondering what kind of sentence to expect. There is a lot more to the story, just not enough characters to write the whole thing.

There is no "typical" sentence for anything in Georgia. Sentences given for crimes in Fulton County (Atlanta) are usually much less than elsewhere. Some counties are well-known for long sentencing (Forsyth, Dawson, Cherokee, Walton, etc.) A lot depends on who the Judge is for the case.

FIrst degree Arson carries a minimum of 1 year, maximum of 20 years; up to $50,000 fine.
Aggravated Assault carries a minimum of 1 year, maximum of 20 years;
"Cruelty to a person 65 years of age or older" carries the same sentences, 1 - 20 years