What is the typical punishment for a Texas Class A Misdemeanor, first offense? Online impersonation is the offense.

Lubbock, TX |

No priors whatsoever, my wife is on disability and I also take care of my elderly parents. Can't afford jail time. Not sure if these factors will weigh in or not.

You are facing up to a year in jail and a 4000 dollar fine. Your punishment should you plead guilty for the crime depends on the court, the complaining witness, if you caused any damage, the deal your defense attorney can negotiate and to many other factors that are impossible to forsee. Without priors you are not likely to serve time. I am sure there will be other alternatives presented to you by your defense attorney. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my experience. They are not intended to be a binding legal opinion nor to create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, I agree with Mr. Montes. Good luck with everything.
-Ben