What is the sture of limitations for sexual harrasment in suffolk county ny

Lindenhurst, NY |

Best Answer

Different levels of crimes carry different statute of limitations. You can file a complaint with the Suffolk County police department. If it is beyond the SOL then the state will not prosecute it. In the non-criminal arena, there is also the state bar ethics committee that handles complaints against lawyers and civil actions that may be available to you depending on what happened.

It depends in what capacity and how he harassed you. Most people do not understand harassment law, nor are they expected to. There are different statutes depending on what is alleged.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

my lawyer kissed me and pressed his member against me i was looking for the SOL

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

That would constitute a civil sexual assault and the Statute of Limitations for you to file suit is one year. I don't know what the criminal statute of limitations would be but I would think longer. You should not post details about the attorney on a public website, and should discuss either face to face or over the telephone with an attorney. Our firm takes assault cases on a contingency basis and has experience both in sexual assaults and suing attorneys.

Thank you due to the nature I did not want to go into details.

This is a civil question, not criminal.
Re-post in civil litigation and employment law.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Depending on the nature of the harassment, this is likely a civil matter and not a criminal matter. Speak with a civil lawyer.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication.