Skip to main content

What is the statute of limitations for possession of child pornography?

Miami, FL |

What is the federal statute of limitations for possession of child pornography? Furthermore, what's the statute of limitations for Florida and Texas, as well?

No, I wasn't charged with this nor did I commit anything. I'm doing research and couldn't find an appropriate answer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


In Florida the statute of limitations for 1st degree felonies is 4 years, and for all other felonies it is 3 years. If you are charged with this crime you will need a very aggressive criminal defense attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239


The state has up to four years. However, the calculation of the starting point can become very complicated. We need more information such as date of arrest or notice to appear. You will want to consult with an attorney confidentially.

Contact through this site alone does not establish a client lawyer relationship. This information is not to be used as a substitute for consulting with an attorney. I or any of the attorneys at longwelllawyers would be happy to give a free consultation. Call 407-426-5757. <p><a href="" target="_blank">Longwell Lawyers</a><br /> <a href="" target="_blank">Orlando Criminal Defense Attorneys</a><br /> <a href="" target="_blank">Orlando Family Law Attorneys</a></p>


There is no time limitation on federal prosecutions for child pornography. It can be commenced at any time. 18 USC 3299

This answer is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended as the practice of law in any jurisdiction in which I am not licensed. The answer does not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. The answer is based only on the information provided, and may be inaccurate in the context of additional facts that have not been provided. The questioner should be aware that I am only licensed to practice law in the state and federal courts of Minnesota. Accordingly, before taking any action or refraining from taking any action, the questioner should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in his or her jurisdiction.