Skip to main content

What is the punishment for a third degree escape charge! I have never been in jail before is it possible to get it reduced to a

Warren, AR |

misdemeanor due to I have no prior convictions at all!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Escape from a city/county jail? Escape for a walk away from a work release center? Escage for violating a HIP (home incaration program)? Escape by removing an electronic moniter?

We have 3 degrees of Escape in KY :
Escape I: KRS 520.020 by the threat or use of force: A Class C felony [5-10 years];
Escape II: KRS 520.030 when charged with or convicted of a felony: A Class D felony [1-5 years];
Escape III: KRS 520.040 when one escapes from custody: A Class B misdemeanor [ up to 90 days, up to a $250.00 fine, or both].

Depending on your actions, the other facts (where you were, what sentence were you serving or being held pretrial, etc.) you need a comptent criminal defese attorney to represent you on an escape cahrge.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer