Skip to main content

What is the process of a "Substantial Weight Review" and how long does it take for the EEOC to follow through with my request?

Boise, ID |

I feel that after over a two year time wait from the Idaho Human Rights Commission addressing my complaint, they did a terrible job with many excuses on why it took so long. They did not investigate anything but merely made a decision by reading a one sided view from my employer. They failed to interview the people, doctors and files that prove my case and witnessed the hell I went through. Will the EEOC see that the Idaho Commission failed to investigate my complaint? I did receive the right to sue, but it does state no probable cause.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The EEOC does very little independent investigating these days -- almost nothing that a lay person would consider "investigative." That
is a consequence of limited funds and reductions of personnel. If you presently have a notice of right to sue in hand, you need to consult with an attorney right away. Do NOT wait on the EEOC.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.


You should hire an attorney without delay. A "no probable cause" finding can mean little more than you did not adequately explain your case or that the IHRC just missed something. I have had more than one "no probable cause" finding end up resulting in a favorable outcome for my clients. An experienced employment dispute attorney will be able to tell you whether filing suit makes sense. Do not delay. The passage of time will negatively affect your rights.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer