Skip to main content

What is the process my parents and I would have to complete to hyphenate my last name?

Arlington, WA |

I am sixteen and am interested in hyphenating my last name to accommodate both of my parent's names.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Have your parents go to the District Court in Arlington (415 E. Burke Ave.) and ask the Clerk if they have any forms for an agreed name change. It's not difficult, if everyone agrees.

If this answer is helpful or the best answer, please say so. Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. No information disclosed in these questions and opinions will prohibit this lawyer from representing a different client in the matter.


Will both of your parents agree to this? If so they just need to go to district court.


Visit the King County website to find out the simple procedure for changing your name.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer