Skip to main content

What is the process for converting E2 to E5?

Santa Rosa, CA |

I am here on E2 visa. We have invested around $200K and have purchased a business last year. And used this to get the E2. Can we relocate this business to a TEA zone, and invest additional $300K to expand the business and employ total of 10 employees and apply for E5 visa?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 3


Possibly yes, but all investment funds need to be traced back to a foreign source, their lawful source proven, etc. complex issues to be explained,'analyzed and discussed during an extensive (paid) consultation session with an experienced immigration lawyer. Not on a free general internet consultation such as this.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


This question can take ours to answer. Follow the links below for more information.


Best way to deal with this issue is to have a conversation between you and an immigration attorney.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.