What is the procedure of law enforcement in NYC when arriving at the scene of a completed suicide?

Brooklyn, NY |

What is the procedure in NYC when arriving at the scene of a completed suicide, when the victim was found in the car of his garage with a gunshot wound to the head? There was no note.
Should the girlfriend have been questioned?

There is no set protocol for how a homicide detective conducts his/her investigation contained in the NYPD manual to my knowledge. There is definitely no lawsuit that can be brought over a negligent or incomplete investigation by the police department either.

The answers given are informational only and do not constitute legal advice. Please feel free to contact me if you want to obtain legal advice from me.

How do you know it is suicide? FBI and CIA murder Americans and make it look like suicide ALL THE TIME. Even if there were alleged note, it doesn't mean they didn't fake it. FBI has excellent forensic scientist. If they can analyze one's hand writing, it also means they can fake perfect fake signatures. DK

What is "completed suicide"? If the person isn't dead, it won't be suicide or homicide. There is such thing called ATTEMPTED MURDER.

This query was posted under the wrongful death heading. No claim for wrongful death will stand against the police under the circumstances presented and while there may be certain protocols applicable to all police investigations, the decision to question any particular person is going to be made on a case by case basis. That being said, if you believe some individual or entity is, in fact, responsible for the death you are referring to and you are someone with the proper standing to assert such a claim, you should consult with an attorney as soon as possible.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

Yes

If you have information that needs to be shared with the police, it is important to do so as soon as possible. It is hard to know whether the girlfriend should have been questioned without further information. I hope this helps.