What is the procedure of filing an appeal to the Appellate Court? FM matter. What is the best way to fill out the form?

Eatontown, NJ |

There are so many questions which I don't know how to respond to it for example the pro se Appellate packet on p.21 #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10. Its hard to put a few sentence to$5, $6, #8,#9 when there is so much to write about.

Best Answer

Appeals are complex. To start the appeal you need to file:

1) Notice of Appeal;
2) Case Informaiton Statement (Appellate Form http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/appdiv/forms/10500_appl_civil_cis_prose.pdf)
3) Transcript Request Form.

Make sure you attach the orders to your Notice of Appeal.

You really should consult with an attorney so your appeal is properly filed.

Good Luck.

I would be happy to follow up with you. Please email me directly or call my office if you would like to schedule an appointment either in person or by telephone. Disclaimer: You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation. Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit should the suggestion be followed with undesirable results.

Malik W. Ahmad

Malik W. Ahmad

Other than what the learned counsel had suggested, you should know that the time period to file an appeal is very short, and court strictly follows that. Furthermore, no new evidence can be introduced, and only the originally produced evidence is considered credit worthy. Also, mostly the questions of law are decided in an appeal if there was a wide abuse of discretion exercised by the lower court.

Please refer to my previous post regarding the appel of your FM Matter. The appeals process is one that is complex and should not be entered into lightly. If you are having difficulty then you should speak to a family law attorney regarding your situation.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.

You need to follow the directions but really should consider retaining an attorney because of the complexities of an appeal.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed