Skip to main content

What is the procedure for a new trial and can he get a public attorney for cost purposes? What's the procedure for an MFR?

Greensboro, NC |

My husband was given a 14 - 17 year sentence and deemed as an habitual felon . He was sentenced in the aggravated range and should have been in the mitigated range . They had gave him additional points and charged him for a crime twice . I went to retrieve his sentencing transcript and saw where he was charged twice for the same crime . As a result he was given more time than he was supposed to have .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Take the transcript to his sentencing attorney. You may have grounds regardless of how much time has passed.


He should have given a notice of appeal. This is an appellate review to determine whether there were any defects in the original trial - mistakes by the prosecutor, judge, or defense lawyer.

<a href="">Raleigh criminal lawyer</a> Damon Chetson represents people in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, and the rest of Wake County, North Carolina. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as the specific facts may change the potential advice. Consult with a licensed <a href="">Raleigh criminal lawyer</a> or <a href="">Raleigh DWI attorney</a> in your jurisdiction about your legal question or problem. For a free consultation about a North Carolina case, call (919) 352-9411 day or night, any day of the week.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer