Skip to main content

What is the penalty if convicted of interstate stalking in the state of pennsylvania?

Philadelphia, PA |

I am receiving harassing phone calls, threats, and facebook messages threatening violence form someone who resides in Philadelphia PA and I live in Greensboro, NC. Can this be considered interstate stalking and/or cyber bvullying? This has been going on for about a year and a half. What is the maximum sentence if convicted?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should go to the local police department with the evidence of harassment. The authorities will prosecute hime wherever the penalties are harsher. | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.


Check with a local criminal defesne attorney know know of the penalties -- but you ought to call the police to reeport the conduct!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Local law enforcment should be contacted. If they refuse then speak to the FBI. Statutes vary from state to state. If the perpetrator is doing what you say he is doing, then he is likely violating Pennsylvania state law, North Carolina state law, and federal law. Look at my website to view the laws he may be possibly violating.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.