Skip to main content

What is the next step after request to enter a default?

Inglewood, CA |

do i need to fill out any other forms or do i wait for something in the mail?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Once default is entered you have to get a judgment through a prove-up hearing. You have to fill out the papers to set the hearing.
The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.


Lots of default requests get rejected for one reason or another - failure to file proof of service, miscounting the days elapsed, not matching the names exactly on the Summons and Request, etc. You can call the default department to check on the progress, but it may take the court clerks several weeks to process your Request, so be patient.

For all the next steps, please see the guide linked below for the entire uncontested dissolution process explained, written for non-lawyer, with sample forms.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer