Skip to main content

What is the maximun length of time for an interlock device court ordered can be in wisconsin.

Sun Prairie, WI |

i have a felony u with bodily injury and minor in car. got 6 months jail with 4 yrs probation and 4 yrs occupational license with interlock for 4 yrs. first offense. the interloc companies are saying 3 yrs is max in wisconsin.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I am assuming a conviction under 346.63(2)

Have you asked your lawyer about this?

Under Chapter 346, The maximum IID period is the maximum revocation period.

The maximum revocation for a violation of 346.63(2) is 2 years. This is doubled by having a child under 16 in the car.

So, yes, you can have both an IID requirement and a revocation of 4 years.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
Thank you.

--- Experienced DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk Driving Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin

--- Facebook Page

--- Field sobriety "tests"

--- DUI/DWI/Drugged Driving with Prescription Drugs

--- Ten Days to Save Your License - Administrative Suspension and Refusals in Wisconsin

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police:


As stated, the answer is dependent on the conviction itself. Do not rely on the Interlock company. Contact the DOT or and Atty.