Skip to main content

What is the maximum amount in the division of assets if judge believes i caused the marrige to fail in a no fault state?

Dallas, TX |

Im going thru a divorce my wife is trying to prove i commited adultary so I can pay her spousal. We have been married for less than 7 yrs and the judge awarded her temporary spousal. I helped get her college degree and she recently graduated with a BS but she refuses to get a better job to help her situation. She works at a deparment store and has cut back her hours due to her claiming she has mental stress.
We have two children together and im also paying child support, the spousal has caused me financial hardship.

I also had to take over the vehicle payments when she refused to pay the vehicle.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is no maximum amount. You should discuss your case with a local divorce attorney in order to determine what your options are and how best to protect yourself in this situation. The cost of the consultation will be far less than the cost of making a mistake while trying to do this on your own.


There is no maximum amount. In your area it is highly unusual that the court would not divide the community estate 50/50.