What is the mandatory minimum sentence for a convicted felon in possession of a firearm with 3 prior felonies?

Greensboro, NC |

I am not sure if the prior felonies are violent and the case is now federal. Is there a mandatory minimum for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon in the state of North Carolina?

The rules in federal courts are different than the sentencing rules in North Carolina. Unfortunately the rules in federal courts are complex and cannot be answered here. The sentencing points are based on prior record but there are too many other factors to answer here.

Thank you.

If the priors are violent, it may trigger the 15 year Armed Career Criminal enhancement under 18 U.S.C. §§ 922(g)(1), 924(e), U.S.S.G. § 4B1.4. Please see the links below for more info. If you do not have an attorney assigned by the Fed Defenders office int he MDNC, please find one immediately. Take Care!