Skip to main content

What is the likely outcome to mis-battery charge?

Decatur, GA |

I was on crutches walking to my sons mother house a young boy about 13 approached trying to fight look like had already been mad about something but tried to hit me after words were passed then before he could hit me I struck him with my crutch and ran off later on I was charged with battery but havent been to court yet and thought about just pleading guilty and paying probation but not sure of the outcome because im going to superior court

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Get a lawyer. Check with a public defender's office. You don't mention whether you have a prior record, etc, but courts generally do not look kindly on adults who beat up kids.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Consult an experienced lawyer in your state for specific legal advice.


The outcome is probably anyone's guess. I suggest you retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you. If you can't afford one, perhaps you can request a public defender.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.


You might get jail time, and regardless a guilty plea can also make you pretty much unemployable. So get a lawyer. If you cannot afford a lawyer, ask for appointed counsel.


I would strongly suggest you get an attorney. If you have to go to superior court, then you are likely charged with a felony. If you cannot afford an attorney, the court will appoint one for you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer