Skip to main content

What is the first step to take and will it lead to a small claims court?

Houston, TX |

My husband began working for a company who failed to pay him his second check on time; however his boss told him that the issue would be resolved the following week. He was working 6 days a week from 7:00am to (sometimes) 10:00 pm-- it was more like whenever his orders were complete. A week and a half later, my husband was given another excuse and didn't receive no check. My husband waited another pay period and still no check--by this time he was owed two checks. He got fed up and quit and was told to go the next week for his checks. The company as a whole closed two days later. Again he was told to wait for the checks; it has been almost 1 1/2 - 2 months and still no checks. What is the first step to take? What should he do, who does he call?? Thank you!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Contact the Texas Workforce Commission, and file a claim for the unpaid wages. Here's a link to their site.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer