Skip to main content

What is the fastest way to legally enter the United States after getting 'voluntary departure'?

Garden City, KS |

I was taken to the U.S. when i was 10 years old by mother, who had just devorced my father. We lived in Kansas for about 11 years and during this time she (for some reason) did not apply for recidency or anything.At the age of 21 I got sent to jail for possesion of paraphanelia and my family hired a lawyer to see if he could keep me from getting deported. He said that the only thing he could do was to get the judge to grant me voluntary departure. I have been in mexico for 2 months and was wanting to know what would be the easiest and fastest way to legally return to the U.S.. All of my family living in kansas are now residents and soon-to-be citizens, and i have a girlfriend who is a citizen and with whom i was supposed to get married before i was sent to jail.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Alot depends on the paraphanelia and what if any residue of what drug was found in it.


Also sounds like you are subject to a 10 year ban unless you obtain a harship waiver

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.