Skip to main content

What is the fastest way to get a green card?

New York, NY |

My mom is holding a green card and living in the states for only 2 years now . I also have 2 brothers who is both US citizens, one of them petitioned my mom. I am only 18y/o, unmarried, and was the only one left in our home country. I am currently holding a multiple tourist visa and just came home couple of weeks ago from the states. I would just like to know what is the best and fastest way for me to get petition and by whom because I would like to be able to enter college in the states and hoping that I won't get left behind cause of my age. I just need advice. Thank you very much in advance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The fastest way o get to the States and go to college is to apply for college. Once accepted you can enter as a student. Your mother can petition for you under the family based 2A category. If you don ot adjust under this category before you becone 21 the petition will convert to a 2B cateory. Your brother can apply under the family based fourth preference. But thatvwill take many years.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer